Thursday, August 14, 2008

7am Janet's up early


(I tried to post this earlier today but couldn't get a connection).

This morning I awoke at 6:45. Couldn't decide whether the ship was moving or not, so peeped through the curtains and could see the hazy outline of mountains on the horizon, across an almost mirror-like turquoise sea. Vague words from the Captain's tannoy announcement yesterday came into my head - "We will arrive in Kotor, Montenegro, at 7am, it's a stunning approach, so I hope to see many of you on deck"... I rummaged around for shorts and t shirt in the dark, located the camera and sunhat, and crept towards the door. "What are you doing" mumbled Lord C. from his Lord-sized pit. "Just going to see us arrive at Kotor" I replied. "But we're at sea today"....
Are we? Oh yes. Kotor's tomorrow.

Ah well, I went on deck anyway, just me and two other early birds. I looked for dolphins, but even they were still asleep.

At 8 am the 'walk a mile' session started, and Julie and Dave joined me.

Happy Birthday Dave!!!! I guess we may have cake tonight - and it's another formal evening, so I think the wine will be flowing, courtesy of Lydia and Fred.

Sorry to hear the weather in UK isn't great, it's going to be about 94degrees in Kotor tomorrow, so another scorcher here.

xx
Janet

2 comments:

Rob said...

More grub, eh? I think you need to walk more than a mile to get those calories off. Mind you, the bloke who has won all the gold medals in the swimming is on 12000, count 'em, calories a day.
Happy birthday Dave!

Rob said...

..oh, and Dave's present is here:
http://www.uroclub.org/